LGV Medical

This specialised medical examination ensures that you are physically fit and healthy to operate large commercial vehicles on the road, safeguarding not only your well-being but also the safety of others sharing the road with you.

Price: £75

driving license application
Find out more

Are you looking to become a HGV driver and want further information?

  • By submitting this enquiry you are giving your consent to allow RED to call you to discuss our truck driver training services and to send you other relevant RED training services material via email. We will hold your data for a period of up 3 years for this purpose. We will not use this data for any other purpose.

Course Details

When you apply for your provisional C1, C1E, C or CE licence, you will need to enclose a Medical Report. This is on a standard DVLA form, known as a D4, which has to be completed by a doctor. Any doctor can do this for you but to save the hassle of making appointments at a local centre near to you.

We will arrange for the D2 & D4 to be posted to you for you. We can guide you through completing the D2 form. The doctor will complete your D4 form. On completion of both forms, these need to be posted along with your current driving licence to the DVLA to apply for the provisional entitlement. If you wear glasses or contacts please be aware the doctor will ask you to take out your lenses;  you will need to bring along a recent prescription for your glasses/lenses.

The medical service is open to any new driver or drivers needing a renewal.

What you’ll achieve:

  • You will receive your completed D4 form, which can be posted off to the DVLA along with your completed D2 for to apply for you provisional entitlement.

Report icon

This package includes:

  • D2 & D4 posted to your home address
  • D4 medical appointment
Time icon


  • 15 mins
Human icon


  • You must be 18 or over
  • Have a UK car driving licence
  • You must bring your driving licence with you when going for your tests
  • Your photo card licence must be in date. New photo every 10 years.
Road sign icon


Local to you

How we can help…

Contact Us

Ready to start your HGV driver training course? If you’re considering becoming a LGV or HGV driver, you’ll find more useful information in our ‘What HGV licence do I need?’ and ‘How much do HGV drivers earn?’ guides. We can also advise you on the most appropriate licence category based on your career goals and the type of vehicle you wish to drive. We have nationwide training locations and offer competitive 4-5 day intensive HGV training courses. Contact us today to discuss your driver training needs and requirements.